COMMERCIAL ROOF DAMAGE FROM EXTREME HEAT
Summer is arriving and it brings extreme heat that can damage your Los Angeles County commercial roof. Most Southern California commercial roofs are hit hard by summer heat waves and if you are not prepared, it could cause serious damage.
Full roof inspections internally and externally will help you prepare for the hot summer heat. Typically, roof exposure over a period can weaken your roof system and its ability to serve as a barrier.
Working with and experienced roof contractor will help identify issues listed below:
- Cracks, blisters, or punctures in the roof membrane
- Discolored or water-stained walls and ceilings
- Cracks in walls and parapets
- Raised or deteriorated areas on the walls below the roof deck
- Nails or screws coming through the membrane
- Loose, damaged, or buckled flashing
- Damaged or missing caulking along masonry panel joints
- Gaps in caulking around any units on the roof (chimney or HVAC)
- Bald or bare spots where UV reflective granules are missing
Regular roof inspections before the summer will allow you to identify any of these problems before the heat arrives. You have time to get damages repaired to make sure that your roof will be able to withstand summer heat. Roofing inspection and regular roof maintenance is also the best way to extend the life of your commercial roofing, so you get the most from your investment. Be sure to work with a qualified, licensed and experienced roofing contractor to ensure all potential problems are identified and fixed correctly.
GET YOUR LOS ANGELES COUNTY COMMERCIAL ROOF SUMMER-READY!
Call us today to schedule an inspection and we will get your commercial roof summer-ready before it is too late.